Grant proposal submission deadlines:
- November 1, 2016
- January 9, 2017
- March 1, 2017
- May 1, 2017
- July 5, 2017
- September 1, 2017
- November 1, 2017
- January 24, 2017
- March 28, 2017
- May 16, 2017
- July 18, 2017
- September 19, 2017
- November 21, 2017
- January 16, 2018
Please submit one hard copy of your application. The Foundation does not accept applications via email.
Please review this material thoroughly and provide all the information requested when submitting a proposal. The following items are the most frequently omitted:
- Cover letter: must be on letterhead with name of organization; organization mailing address and phone number; must be signed by both the highest-level board member and executive staff member; dollar amount that is being requested; and timeframe of project.
- Current year operating budget with most recent monthly statements
- Board roster listing members’ occupations and affiliations
- Most recent audit or IRS Form 990
Incomplete proposals are subject to declination or scheduled for a later meeting.
As always, contact the Foundation if you have any questions or concerns.
136 E. Michigan Ave., Suite 900
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-3915
(269) 342-6411; fax (269) 342-6465
We are located on the 9th floor of the Fifth Third Bank Building.
In accordance with the example and directives of its founder, the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation encourages grant applications from Kalamazoo area nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations whose work benefits or will benefit the community. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals. The Foundation Trustees will make all decisions regarding the funding of proposals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, marital status, religion, age, orientation, handicap or disability, height, weight, or national origin of the organization’s staff or volunteers. It is expected that all beneficiaries of funding from the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation will adhere to existing state and federally mandated affirmative action policies.